Tahini Muffin Experiment
- 2 cups ancient grains gluten free (or all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup packed Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- dash of toasted sesames
Preheat oven to 400 F and line muffin tin with papers.
Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
Mix milk & tahini, add butter, then eggs, then sugar and cardamom.
Add dry ingredients to wet.
I like to use my 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with toasted sesames.
Bake for approximately 15 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool a bit before transferring to a plate.
Texture turned out a bit sandy due to the tahini. Cardamom gives it a nice crisp taste. Palate cleanser.